- Be part of a motivated distributed team
- Create quality code and forever level up code skillset
- Further WordPress and community
- 2.5 years working as team lead for 7 person support team. Touching both plugin code and people code daily.
- 10 years experience building websites and web apps from scratch as well as maintaining and refactoring other developers’ code.
- Operated as freelancer, team developer and lead developer with frequent client contact. Professional and helpful demeaner for emails and phone calls.
- 10 years using and teaching Crew Resource Management in the aviation industry, 5 years as team and lead web developer working with and organizing other team members to facilitate teamwork and cooperation.
- High comfort level in Photoshop, Illustrator and GIMP for creating and editing graphics and layouts. Created web layouts, posters, t-shirts and logos, and worked extensively with PSD files provided by in-house designers. Also comfortable working with designers to create good UX.
- 5 years using command line and GUIs to run version control on web projects.
- Managed over 70 sites simultaneously on shared hosting and VPS with Plesk. Worked with clients on email configurations, DNS hosting, and hosting re-selling.
- 2 years experience working with graduate schools to build custom applications with complex logic trees and fee payment.
- Professional exposure to using task runners and compilers for building out projects.
Support Engineer Team Lead
December 2016 – Present
Full time Support Engineer and Team Lead for distributed team working on successful WooCommerce plugins. Provide developer support for WooCommerce extensions, identify bugs, and solve issues in core codebase. Manage support team and support ops growth.
December 2013 – December 2016
November 2011 – December 2013
Forms and web developer in charge of creating and maintaining national graduate school applications, contributions forms and rating/recommendation forms. Job included HTML/CSS and JS, a custom back-end logic engine based on Perl, and deploying to multiple servers with SVN. Occasional projects included design and custom styling, as well as client communication and working as a team.
2013 Lead Dev for Stanford Grad School Online Applications.
January 2010 – November 2011
Freelance web design and development for small businesses. Job skills include client management, project organization, time management, graphic design and web development.
As of November, 2011 this became part-time.
July 2008 – November 2011
Turboprop (King Air C90) PIC 135 Pilot, pilot instructor for Chinese flight cadets learning western crew resource management, and check instructor / flight examiner for Hillsboro Aviation.
July 2005 – July 2008
Turbo-prop (Turbo Commander 690A) SIC Pilot for Air Ambulance.
Certificated Flight Instructor
August 2001 – July 2005
CFI, Dispatcher, Assoc. School Director
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Fine Art, German Language
1996 – 2000
Private, Instrument, Commercial, ATP Certificates
2001 – 2002
References available upon request.
Download Résumé (PDF)