I just finished putting together the CA66 kit. So pretty and retro with SA keycaps.
Caps: SA Dasher
Switches: BOX burnt orange
Things I learned:
- CA66 doesn’t work with plate-mount stabilizers, despite having a plate. You have to get PCB-mount cherry stabilizers.
- You have to really soak the holes with solder and get it to flow into the hole to get the connection to work properly. I had a few switches that weren’t registering, and I soaked them with solder and they work fine now.
- 1.75 shifts are sometimes hard to find.
- Sound dampening foam for car doors works great for the inside of cases.
- CA66 Kit Group Buy: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93542.0
- Dasher Keycaps: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dasher-and-dancer-sa-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open
- Soundproofing foam: foam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040JHMH6/
- BOX burnt orange switches: https://novelkeys.xyz/products/novelkeys-x-kailh-box-heavy-switches