Did you get a pre-built Atreus62 from Profetkeyboards.com with no clue how to edit and re-flash your layout? Here are the steps I took to get it working on a Mac. YMMV:
- Download the QMK firmware by following the QMK quick start guide.
- Create your custom keymap as per the docs.
- Go to the Quick Start guide and install avrdude
- Determine the path to the keyboard by running some terminal commands. Note: when it says to put your keyboard in bootloader mode, all you have to do is get a paperclip and stick it in the hole in the back of the atreus62. You now have 8 seconds of bootloader mode. (tip: you can also activate Bootmagic)
- Flash your hex to the keyboard by putting it in bootloader mode and running the terminal command as shown a little farther down here. For example, in my case,
avrdude -p atmega32u4 -c avr109 -U flash:w:atreus62_mylayout.hex -P /dev/cu.usbmodem1411
That’s it! From here on, I can tweak the layout, compile the hex, and flash it.
Here’s my current layout: